- Title: Firms stack up Brexit warnings as May triggers divorce talks
- Date: 29th March 2017
- Summary: CORRINGHAM, ESSEX, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CONTAINER SHIPS TRAVELLING PAST PORT
- Embargoed: 12th April 2017 13:39
- Keywords: Ford Ryanair EU UK trade Article 50 Brexit
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA00B6A0IXXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Ford and Ryanair warned on Wednesday (March 29) of the risks of Brexit including disruption to flights and tariffs on cars which could hurt Britain and damage businesses, on the day the prime minister was launching divorce proceedings from the EU.
U.S. carmaker Ford, Britain's biggest automotive engine-maker, low-cost airline Ryanair and German media group Bertlesmann issued warnings as Britain began two years of formal EU talks.
Ford, a major beneficiary of free trade across the continent where it builds cars in Germany and vans in Turkey, warned that Theresa May must retain unfettered trade.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None