- Title: The name's Bond, Ms. Bond, a new female-led spy thriller
- Date: 13th July 2017
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (FILE) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF BLAKE LIVELY POSING FOR PHOTOS LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BLAKE LIVELY AT "GREEN LANTERN" PREMIERE MILAN, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 19, 2013) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ACTRESS BLAKE LIVELY POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (OCTOBER 26, 2015) (REUTERS) PRODUCERS BARBARA BROCCOLI AND MICHAEL G. WILSON POSING FOR PHOTOS
- Embargoed: 27th July 2017 16:17
- Keywords: Blake Lively movie Bond thriller
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: Various
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016PJXOB1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The producers of the James Bond films have announced that "Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively is to play the protagonist in an upcoming espionage thriller - a rarity in a genre usually dominated by male leads.
"The Rhythm Section" will be adapted from the novel by author Mark Burnell about a woman, Stephanie Patrick, who becomes an assassin and tracks down the people responsible for a plane crash that killed her family.
The film is to be directed by Reed Morano, who previously worked on episodes of the hit television drama "The Handmaid's Tale".
In a statement carried in the Hollywood Reporter, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, who have produced the last eight films in the James Bond franchise, said they were excited "to be working with the immensely talented team".
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None