- Title: Trump says he was unaware of son's meeting with Russian lawyer
- Date: 12th July 2017
- Summary: HAMBURG, GERMANY (JULY 7, 2017) (RUSSIAN POOL) WIDE OF RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, SERGEI LAVROV, SEATED NEXT TO RUSSIAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND TRUMP SEATED NEXT TO U.S.SECRETARY OF STATE, REX TILLERSON PUTIN AND TRUMP SHAKING HANDS VIEW OF MEETING/ PUTIN SPEAKING TO TRUMP, BOTH SMILING, PUTIN LAUGHING
- Embargoed: 26th July 2017 22:52
- Keywords: Donald Trump Donald Trump Jr. interview
- Location: HAMBURG, GERMANY; CLAIRSVILLE, OHIO; CLEVELAND, OHIO, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: HAMBURG, GERMANY; CLAIRSVILLE, OHIO; CLEVELAND, OHIO, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: Various
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036PEZ0P3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PLEASE NOTE: THE WHITE HOUSE DID NOT PERMIT THE INTERVIEW TO BE VIDEOTAPED OR RECORDED
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday (July 12) he was unaware of his son Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting last year with a Russian lawyer at the heart of a White House controversy, telling Reuters he only learned of it a couple of days ago.
Asked if he knew that his son was meeting with the Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June last year, Trump said in a White House interview that "I didn't know until a couple of days ago when I heard about this."
In the interview, Trump said he did not fault his son for holding the meeting. "I think many people would have held that meeting," the President said.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None