- Title: London mayor lambasts support for tower fire survivors
- Date: 12th July 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (RECENT - JULY 4, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POST IT NOTES WITH MESSAGES TO VICTIMS POST-IT NOTE READING (English): "Only 89 people dead? You must think we R fools" DYING FLOWERS
- Embargoed: 26th July 2017 16:13
- Keywords: Grenfell tower tower fire Grenfell disaster London fire Sadiq Khan London Mayor mayor fire
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Fires
- Reuters ID: LVA0056PEX6BR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Nearly a month after Britain's deadliest fire in decades that tore through a 24-storey housing block in North Kensington, London mayor Sadiq Khan said on Wednesday (July 12) that support for local residents affected by the blaze was inadequate.
Around 80 people are missing or presumed dead from the fire which swept through Grenfell Tower on June 14. London Police have confirmed that 255 residents survived the fire.
Khan said some local residents he met with on Wednesday still felt traumatised but had not received the assistance they needed and described the support from the local council as "embarrassing".
The leader of Kensington and Chelsea Council, Nicholas Paget-Brown, resigned on June 30 after he was criticised by residents for the organisation's handling of the disaster.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None