- Title: Youth Olympic Village construction picks up in Buenos Aires
- Date: 12th July 2017
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (JULY 11, 2017) (REUTERS) GENERAL VIEW OF CONSTRUCTION SITE AT OLYMPIC VILLAGE AHEAD OF THE 2018 SUMMER YOUTH OLYMPIC GAMES IN BUENOS AIRES CRANE OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY AND CONSTRUCTION WORKERS WORKING AT SITE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS BANNER WITH INFORMATION ABOUT CONSTRUCTION SITE WORKERS ON SITE VARIOUS OF HEAVY MACHINERY BEING USED VARIOUS OF MINISTER OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT IN BUENOS AIRES, FRANCO MOCCIA, OBSERVING WORK AT SITE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MINISTER OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT IN BUENOS AIRES FRANCO MOCCIA, SAYING: "This neighbourhood (village) is made up of 11 buildings, 125,000 square meters (1,345,488 square feet), 1,200 apartments with one, two and three rooms which will later, after the games, be sold with soft loans through the institute of social housing to create this new Olympic neighbourhood in the city."
- Embargoed: 26th July 2017 16:31
- Keywords: Buenos Aires Argentina Youth Olympic Games Olympics YOG contruction Olympic village
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016PEY153
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Construction at the Olympic Village for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires is under way as the city gears up to host athletes and fans.
The approximately 1,200 individual units under construction here will host athletes during the games and will later be sold as apartments in the Villa Soldati neighbourhood in south Buenos Aires.
The 2018 Youth Olympics Games are scheduled for October 6 to 18, 2018.
The games are expected to include athletes between the ages of 15 and 18-years-old from more than 200 countries.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None