- Title: Paris mayor, Arnold Schwarzenegger unite forces to fight climate change
- Date: 28th April 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (APRIL 28, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MAYOR OF PARIS AND C40 (CITIES CLIMATE LEADERSHIP GROUP) PRESIDENT, ANNE HIDALGO, GREETING FORMER GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA AND FOUNDER OF R20 (REGIONS OF CLIMATE ACTION), ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, AT CITY HALL VARIOUS OF HIDALGO AND SCHWARZENEGGER POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS HIDALGO AND SCHWARZENEGGER WALKING HIDALGO SHOWING HER PARIS OLYMPIC 2024 BID BADGE TO SCHWARZENEGGER VARIOUS OF HIDALGO AND SCHWARZENEGGER TALKING IN GROUP / HIDALGO GIVING SCHWARZENEGGER A PARIS OLYMPIC 2024 BID BADGE VARIOUS OF HIDALGO AND SCHWARZENEGGER TALKING IN OFFICE SCHWARZENEGGER'S HAND WITH RING VARIOUS OF SCHWARZENEGGER AND HIDALGO SEATED AT TABLE SIGNING ENVIRONMENTAL AGREEMENT HIDALGO AND SCHWARZENEGGER KISSING EACH OTHER ON CHEEK SCHWARZENEGGER AND HIDALGO TALKING TO JOURNALISTS (SOUNDBITE) (French) MAYOR OF PARIS AND C40 PRESIDENT, ANNE HIDALGO, SAYING: "Together we will be able to gather our forces and act so that the battle against pollution, the energy and ecology transition, the fact that we can reduce greenhouse gasses, could become a reality, there you go." SCHWARZENEGGER TALKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) FORMER GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA AND FOUNDER OF R20, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, SAYING: "Both of these organisations (C40 & R20) are very important organisations that deal with sub-national governments, because we believe very strongly that we should not just make it the responsibility of national governments or of capitals all over the world to reduce greenhouse gasses and to make this a safer world and a cleaner world, but also sub-national governments such as cities, states and provinces also have a huge responsibility in this fight against pollution. And so I think for us coming together and signing this agreement and working together is going to be very very important." HIDALGO AND SCHWARZENEGGER WALKING DOWN STAIRS EXTERIOR OF CITY HALL
- Embargoed: 12th May 2017 15:45
- Keywords: agreement environment climate Paris France Anne Hidalgo Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Environment,Climate Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016EBDXZB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Former California governor turned climate action campaigner Arnold Schwarzenegger and Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo signed an agreement on Friday (April 28), uniting the efforts of the two organisations they chair against climate change.
Hidalgo, the president of the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group that connects 90 of the world's megacities, and Schwarzenegger, the founder Regions of Climate Action NGO, a coalition of sub-national governments, private, state-run and charitable institutions, signed an agreement to encourage, among other things, actions that reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
Hidalgo said the signing of the agreement could mean that "the battle against pollution, the energy and ecology transition, the fact that we can reduce greenhouse gasses, could become a reality."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None