- Title: LA concert goers react to Manchester suicide attack
- Date: 24th May 2017
- Summary: INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (MAY 23, 2017) (REUTERS) VIEW OF THE FORUM ARENA K-9 POLICE VIEW OF METAL DETECTORS WITH FANS COMING THROUGH THEM POLICE GATHERED (SOUNDBITE) (English) ALBERTO LOPEZ, 20, LOS ANGELES RESIDENT, SAYING: "I try not to think about it too much because I mean I'm like my mom, I get scared easily and she was calling me telling me you better be careful, there's going to be cops and everything so I don't know, I just don't try to think about too much." CONCERT GOERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) SAVANNAH BARBA, STUDENT, LOS ANGELES, 20, SAYING: "I think it's pretty scary but I love Chris Brown and I'm here as fan and I was excited about this concert for a while, I bought tickets when they first went on sale so it was kind of, it didn't stop me from coming." COMMUNITY POLICE OFFICER ON BICYCLE POLICEMAN ON MOTORCYCLE CONCERT GOERS VIEW OF THE FORUM WITH METAL DETECTORS AT ENTRANCE CLOSE-UP OF BAG BEING SEARCHED (SOUNDBITE) (English) ADRIAN LUCIO, 32, LOS ANGELES RESIDENT, CAME WITH TWO KIDS AND WIFE, SAYING: "I mean I did, it's in the back on my head. Actually you know I talked their mum before we came here and she was pretty worried but I think it's just (important) to have communication, stay together and keep the phones on just in case anything happens." LUCIO AND FAMILY ENTERING CONCERT VARIOUS OF PEOPLE HAVING THEIR BAGS CHECKED AT THE SECURITY CHECKPOINT SECURITY GUARD USING METAL DETECTORS TO SCAN CONCERT GOER POLICE VAN (SOUNDBITE) (English) ZOHNIA ANDREWS, 48, LOS ANGELES RESIDENT WHO CAME TO THE CONCERT WITH HER SON, SAYING: "Yeah I was very concerned and scared but since I got here I see a lot of police around and very tight security, dogs, everything." POLICE CAR IN FRONT OF METAL DETECTORS FANS ARRIVING POLICE CLOSE UP OF SNIFFER DOG (SOUNDBITE) (English) ASIA ANDREA BRYANT, 15, SAYING: "Yeah I was a little skeptical at first, I was worried, I'm worried for my safety if anyone can get that type of weaponry through the security check, that's kind of scary to me." MORE OF POLICE CLOSE UP OF POLICE GUNS VARIOUS OF FANS IN LINE TO ENTER CONCERT
- Embargoed: 7th June 2017 05:18
- Keywords: Manchester The Forum Chris Brown Concert Los Angeles
- Location: INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I75EMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Concert goers in Los Angeles were determined on Tuesday (May 23) evening to cast aside any worries for their safety and security as they arrived for a Chris Brown concert at the Forum sports arena a day after 22 people lost their lives in a suicide attack in Manchester, UK.
Fans arrived at the Forum arena amid heightened security.
The UK government said that in the wake of the attack on Monday evening at the Grande concert at the Manchester Arena, soldiers would be deployed to key sites in Britain to boost security as the country raised its terror threat to the highest level of "critical."
Police on Tuesday said they believed British-born Salman Abedi, aged 22, carried out Britain's deadliest bombing in nearly 12 years and Prime Minister Theresa May said another attack could be imminent.
U.S. security sources, citing British intelligence officials, said Abedi was born in Manchester to parents of Libyan origin.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None