- Title: Pink Floyd retrospective exhibition previews in London
- Date: 9th May 2017
- Summary: ALBUM COVER ARTWORK FOR WISH YOU WERE HERE
- Embargoed: 23rd May 2017 14:38
- Keywords: Nick Mason Syd Barrett Roger Waters Pink Floyd Richard Wright Exhibition V&A museum The Wall Dark Side of The Moon David Gilmour retrospective
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0066G4AEKT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A new exhibition celebrating the career of iconic rock bank Pink Floyd, featuring a host of memorabilia from across their career, as well as tributes to group's famously surreal iconography, will open in London on Sunday (May 14).
"The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains," is hosted by the city's V&A museum, and is being held to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the release of the band's debut album, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn".
The exhibition is an audio-visual chronicle of the band's rise from being the darlings of London's underground music scene in the 1960s to world-wide stardom and a career that saw them sell over 250 million albums.
Visitors enter through and oversized recreation of the van that carried the band to their early gigs, and will then be able to view over 350 artefacts from the band's career, as well as view never-before-seen footage of the band at work.
The exhibition also features representations of some of the most iconic imagery associated with Pink Floyd.
These range from a mock up of London's Battersea power station, which featured in the cover art for the band's "Animals" album, and the wall, complete with a towering head teacher, that was part of the stage set on their 1980-1981 tour for "The Wall" album.
The exhibition opens May 13.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.