- Title: Prince's family and friends leave private memorial ceremony
- Date: 24th April 2016
- Summary: CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 23, 2016) (REUTERS) MUSICIAN SHEILA E. HUGGING PEOPLE OUTSIDE PAISLEY PARK STUDIO COMPLEX SHEILA E. IN CAR, WAVING OUT OF OPEN WINDOW VARIOUS OF CHANHASSEN MAYOR DENNY LAUFENBURGER WALKING OUT OF GATE VARIOUS OF OTHER CEREMONY ATTENDEES LEAVING MAN HANDING OUT PURPLE AND WHITE FLOWERS TO FANS GATHERED OUTSIDE MORE OF FLOWERS BEING HANDED OUT
- Embargoed: 8th May 2016 02:51
- Keywords: cremated Paisley Park friends family guests service memorial Prince
- Location: CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
- City: CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0014EQ70HZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Prince's remains have been cremated and his family and friends attended a private ceremony on Saturday (April 23) to pay their respects to the late pop superstar at the studio complex and home where he died in a suburb of Minneapolis, a Prince spokeswoman said.
Among those seen at the Paisley Park Studios complex were his sister, Tyka Nelson, musician and former collaborator Sheila E., his former bass player Larry Graham and model Damaris Lewis.
The service came two days after Prince, whose hits included "Purple Rain" and "When Doves Cry," was found dead in an elevator at the complex at age 57. His passing shocked millions of fans around the world and prompted glowing tributes from fellow musicians and public figures, including President Barack Obama.
A spokeswoman for Prince said his remains have been cremated and their final resting place will remain private.
After the ceremony, purple and white flowers were handed out to fans gathered outside the complex.
An autopsy on Prince was conducted on Friday (April 22) as authorities continue to investigate the cause of his death.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None