- Title: 4K, VR and Nintendo Switch are hot topics as public attend E3 for the first time
- Date: 14th June 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) PAUL VIGLIENZONE, VP OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AT PICO INTERACTIVE ON THE INCREASED AFFORDABILITY OF VR HARDWARE SAYING: "Absolutely, I think that is one of the key things for consumers, the sticker shock for the other products on the market right now is a little bit tough to take but this product here, $249 retail right for pre-order price, I think that's part of making it user-friendly is also making the price user-friendly." GUEST PUTTING ON PICO VR HEADSET GUEST RECEIVING DEMONSTRATION OF PICO VR HEADSET (SOUNDBITE) (English) PAUL VIGLIENZONE, VP OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AT PICO INTERACTIVE ON THE INCREASED SIMPLICITY OF VR HEADSETS SAYING: "Our product is designed to be, the Goblin, is designed to be super, super portable so that's it, that's everything you need for your VR experience, fully in one unit." GUEST DEMONSTRATING PICO VR HEADSET (SOUNDBITE) (English) PAUL VIGLIENZONE, VP OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AT PICO INTERACTIVE ON MAKING VR AS EASY TO USE AS POSSIBLE SAYING: "The majority of people really want quick, easy access, no thought process involved and I always think about from the perspective of my parents, they're not technology early adopter-type people and so for them I know they can out this on, try it and it's done, it's that simple and that's the key I think." VARIOUS OF GAMERS PLAYING EA GAMES' 'STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II' GAME CLOSE UP OF GAMER PLAYING A GAME CLOSE UP ON GAMING HAND SET (SOUNDBITE) (English) JOURNALIST LOUISE BLAIN FROM GAMESRADAR+ ON THE RISE OF 4K SAYING: "PC gamers, previously they've been playing super HD before but console gamers haven't really, they've always had story, and while PlayStation are still saying it's all about the games they are showing it in PS4 Pro, Destiny coming out later this year also on PS4 Pro, people want that extra bit of umph. When Microsoft debuted Assassin's Creed Origins, they put it out on the Microsoft conference running on the XBox X, they're saying very specifically that's what it's on so it's exciting for people that maybe haven't thought about 4K TV, haven't thought about the 4K experience but maybe Christmas this year is going to be their big investment."
- Embargoed: 28th June 2017 02:23
- Keywords: journalists Playstation Pico gamesradar Sony pocket lint E3 gaming interviews Switch Skyrim Asassin's Creed Nintendo 4K opening Final Fantasy VR Call of Duty Los Angeles
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Video Games
- Reuters ID: LVA00B6L90IU1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: VR, 4K and Nintendo Switch are among the hot topics as gaming convention E3 gets underway, allowing the public in to explore the convention for the very first time this year.
Until know, the annual event has been exclusively for industry and the media, however this year sees thousands of gamers joining the professionals on the floor to get a sneak peek at upcoming releases and getting to experience many of them for themselves.
As usual, most of the major players in the industry have been represented with major announcements having already come from Sony and Nintendo who are riding high on the success of their latest console, the Nintendo Switch. Their last piece of hardware, the WiiU, wasn't a hit but demand for the new console is currently outweighing expectations.
While fans are excited about new additions to popular franchises such as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and fresh entries in the Mario Brothers series, high definition 4K gaming and VR, previously favored by the more hardcore gamers, are also becoming even more mainstream partly thanks to costs coming down and the increased availability of content.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None