- Title: 4K, VR and Nintendo Switch are hot topics as public attend E3 for the first time
- Date: 14th June 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF GAMERS WEARING PICO HEADSET PLAYING UNIDENTIFIED GAME
- Embargoed: 28th June 2017 02:23
- Keywords: journalists Playstation Pico gamesradar Sony pocket lint E3 gaming interviews Switch Skyrim Asassin's Creed Nintendo 4K opening Final Fantasy VR Call of Duty Los Angeles
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Video Games
- Reuters ID: LVA00A6L90IU1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: VR, 4K and Nintendo Switch are among the hot topics as gaming convention E3 gets underway, allowing the public in to explore the convention for the very first time this year.
Until know, the annual event has been exclusively for industry and the media, however this year sees thousands of gamers joining the professionals on the floor to get a sneak peek at upcoming releases and getting to experience many of them for themselves.
As usual, most of the major players in the industry have been represented with major announcements having already come from Sony and Nintendo who are riding high on the success of their latest console, the Nintendo Switch. Their last piece of hardware, the WiiU, wasn't a hit but demand for the new console is currently outweighing expectations.
While fans are excited about new additions to popular franchises such as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and fresh entries in the Mario Brothers series, high definition 4K gaming and VR, previously favored by the more hardcore gamers, are also becoming even more mainstream partly thanks to costs coming down and the increased availability of content.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.