- Title: 4K, VR and Nintendo Switch are hot topics as public attend E3 for the first time
- Date: 14th June 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) JOURNALIST MIKE LOWE FROM POCKET-LINT.COM ON THE POPULARITY OF THE NEW NINTENDO SWITCH, SAYING: "One thing, Zelda came out with it and that's a franchise that's 20-odd years old, it's a huge game, has massive appeal and it's very good and I think that's really carried through but also they changed the name. They haven't gone down the whole idea of the Wii and the WiiU followed, I think that confused people, and it's just a really interesting console that you can play on the go, I played it on the plane on the way out and it's just a totally different experience having that proper gaming whilst you can do anywhere." PEOPLE PLAYING 'SONIC THE HEDGEHOG' CLOSE-UP OF PEOPLE PLAYING WITH GAMING HANDSET
- Embargoed: 28th June 2017 02:23
- Keywords: journalists Playstation Pico gamesradar Sony pocket lint E3 gaming interviews Switch Skyrim Asassin's Creed Nintendo 4K opening Final Fantasy VR Call of Duty Los Angeles
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Video Games
- Reuters ID: LVA0056L90IU1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: VR, 4K and Nintendo Switch are among the hot topics as gaming convention E3 gets underway, allowing the public in to explore the convention for the very first time this year.
Until know, the annual event has been exclusively for industry and the media, however this year sees thousands of gamers joining the professionals on the floor to get a sneak peek at upcoming releases and getting to experience many of them for themselves.
As usual, most of the major players in the industry have been represented with major announcements having already come from Sony and Nintendo who are riding high on the success of their latest console, the Nintendo Switch. Their last piece of hardware, the WiiU, wasn't a hit but demand for the new console is currently outweighing expectations.
While fans are excited about new additions to popular franchises such as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and fresh entries in the Mario Brothers series, high definition 4K gaming and VR, previously favored by the more hardcore gamers, are also becoming even more mainstream partly thanks to costs coming down and the increased availability of content.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None