- Title: Kasabian release sixth studio album
- Date: 5th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (MAY 5, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) KASABIAN MEMBERS SERGIO PIZZORNO AND TOM MEIGHAN, ON NEW ALBUM, SAYING: PIZZORNO: "I mean we feel more excited about the release of this one than any other we've ever released." MEIGHAN: "Yeah me too." PIZZORNO: "Even the first one. I don't know why." MEIGHAN: "The first one we didn't know what was happening did we." REPORTER: "That's a big to say - why is that?" PIZZORNO: "Yeah yeah. I got no idea. There's just something about it there's something about maybe maybe after all this you know after six albums you know there's a little part that is appreciative of the fact that you still you know making music and people still want to hear what you are trying to do and there's something quite exciting about that."
- Embargoed: 19th May 2017 17:03
- Keywords: tour band music Sony Kasabian
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0046FKBKGD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British rockers Kasabian release "For Crying Out Loud" on Friday (May 5), their sixth studio album that guitarist and vocalist Serge Pizzorno said he mostly wrote in six weeks.
Pizzorno and vocalist Tom Meighan told Reuters about writing the album in such a short space of time.
"(The) first 10 (tracks), yeah and I think that's probably why it captured that emotion ... But if it lasted six months then maybe it would have gone up and down ... then the two 'Ill Ray' and 'Bless This Acid House' came later", explained Pizzorno.
The rockers added this is an exciting time to release new music.
"I feel more excited about the release of this one than any other we've ever released," said Pizzorno. "Maybe after six albums, there's a little part of you that is appreciative of the fact that you're still making music and people still want to hear what you are trying to do."
"I think all songs on the album are anthems. Everyone one of them is an anthem to me anyway," added Meighan.
Kasabian's For Crying Out Loud is out this Friday (May 5).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None