- Title: Kasabian release sixth studio album
- Date: 5th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (MAY 5, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS PROFANITY*** (SOUNDBITE) (English) KASABIAN MEMBERS SERGIO PIZZORNO AND TOM MEIGHAN, ON AMERICA, SAYING: PIZZORNO: "The mistake we made if you want to call it that is that we didn't go for like six years and if you don't visit somewhere for six years then." MEIGHAN: "Well forget it." PIZZORNO: "You're chasing your tail and then then it's like..." MEIGHAN: "You know the thing with America is the market's shit anyway -" PIZZORNO: "It was one of them we just we decided on other places. But I think all that really matters is more great records." VARIOUS KASABIAN MEMBERS SERGIO PIZZORNO AND TOM MEIGHAN DRINKING
- Embargoed: 19th May 2017 17:03
- Keywords: tour band music Sony Kasabian
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA00A6FKBKGD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British rockers Kasabian release "For Crying Out Loud" on Friday (May 5), their sixth studio album that guitarist and vocalist Serge Pizzorno said he mostly wrote in six weeks.
Pizzorno and vocalist Tom Meighan told Reuters about writing the album in such a short space of time.
"(The) first 10 (tracks), yeah and I think that's probably why it captured that emotion ... But if it lasted six months then maybe it would have gone up and down ... then the two 'Ill Ray' and 'Bless This Acid House' came later", explained Pizzorno.
The rockers added this is an exciting time to release new music.
"I feel more excited about the release of this one than any other we've ever released," said Pizzorno. "Maybe after six albums, there's a little part of you that is appreciative of the fact that you're still making music and people still want to hear what you are trying to do."
"I think all songs on the album are anthems. Everyone one of them is an anthem to me anyway," added Meighan.
Kasabian's For Crying Out Loud is out this Friday (May 5).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None