- Title: South Korean actor Lee Jong-suk says he is an Asian martial arts fiction fan
- Date: 12th November 2016
- Summary: SINGAPORE (NOVEMBER 12, 2016) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** SOUTH KOREAN ACTOR LEE JONG-SUK WALKING ON STAGE LEE POSING FOR MEDIA LEE SITTING ON STAGE WITH HOST AND TRANSLATOR (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) SOUTH KOREAN ACTOR, LEE JONG-SUK, SAYING: "I love reading Asian martial arts fiction. I like things like experiencing an adventure." LEE AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) SOUTH KOREAN ACTOR, LEE JONG-SUK, SAYING: "I'm not considering it right now, but it was really exciting to work on something other than acting. I was able to do it thanks to my friends' help, so I would like to try it again someday. It was a very fun experience." LEE'S HANDS LEE SITTING ON STAGE LEE LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE VARIOUS EXTERIOR OF W HOTEL IN SINGAPORE
- Embargoed: 26th November 2016 10:34
- Keywords: Singapore concert drama news conference Lee Jong-suk fan meeting k-pop actor South Korea
- Location: SINGAPORE / SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SINGAPORE / SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: Singapore
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0015850AX9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korean actor Lee Jong-suk sat down with the media on Saturday (November 12) in Singapore, the fourth stop in his Asia tour to interact with fans and promote his work.
In his latest hit drama "W - Two worlds", Lee played a comic book character that came to life crossing between two parallel worlds.
Lee said that he was an avid Asian marital arts fiction fan and if he were to recreate a similar world it would be full of adventure.
Before becoming an actor, Lee was a model and has great interest in fashion.
He recently collaborated with South Korean designer Jain Song to create a line of T-shirts to campaign against child abuse.
But he said he wasn't contemplating launching his own line - yet.
"I'm not considering it right now, but it was really exciting to work on something other than acting. I was able to do it thanks to my friends' help, so I would like to try it again someday. It was a very fun experience," he said.
Lee will spend about 100 minutes with around two thousand fans in Singapore later in the day.
He kicked off his first Asia tour, named "Variety", in Seoul on September 10, and had since been to Taiwan and Japan.
Lee is expected to visit Thailand, the last destination of his tour, in December.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None