- Title: World Premiere of Moazart tale 'Interlude in Prague'
- Date: 12th May 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (MAY 11, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ACTRESS, SAMANTHA BARKS, TALKING TO PRESS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS, SAMANTHA BARKS, SAYING: "The costumes and the makeup and everything is so beautiful and decadent and then this darkness that weaves in through James Purefoy and the baron and the kind of thing that was going on around that time and the manipulation he had with young women at the time. And I think it plays beautifully, you don't know whether to be loving the beauty of it or completely horrified at what's going on. I think it treads that line nicely." VARIOUS OF PERFORMERS AT PREMIERE VARIOUS OF SCREENWRITER BRIAN ASHBY (SOUNDBITE) (English) SCREENWRITER, BRIAN ASHBY, SAYING: "It's not just about opera and Mozart, it's a fast moving story that will appeal to a wide cross section of the public I think. I mean I want people who have never ever listened to opera to come and enjoy the fast moving story, it's a good story."
- Embargoed: 26th May 2017 00:53
- Keywords: Classical music Opera Prague Mozart John Stephenson OBE Brian Ashby Samantha Barks Charlotte Peters
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK & VARIOUS UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK & VARIOUS UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0026GEC8JX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Classical music composer Mozart Amadeus has been reimagined in new film 'Interlude in Prague' which had its world premiere in London on Thursday (May 11).
Written by Brian Ashby, Helen Clare Cromarty and director John Stephenson OBE, the movie takes a fictitious look at one of Mozart many visits to Prague over 200 years ago.
The film is led by actors James Purefoy as Baron Saloka, Aneurin Bernard as Mozart, Charlotte Peters as Constanza and Samantha Barks as Josefa Duchek.
'Interlude in Prague' is in UK cinemas May 25, 2017.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None