- Title: French court to hear case over topless Duchess of Cambridge pictures
- Date: 1st May 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - SEPTEMBER 14, 2012) (REUTERS) PARIS KIOSK CLOSER MAGAZINE IN KIOSK READING (French): "SEX AND SUN IN PROVENCE" VIENS, FRANCE (FILE - SEPTEMBER 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CASTLE WHERE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE VACATIONED MONTROGUE, FRANCE (FILE - SEPTEMBER 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF MONDADORI FRANCE HEADQUARTERS, OWNER OF CLOSER MAGAZINE VARIOUS INTERIORS OF MONDADORI FRANCE HEADQUARTERS BUILDING CLOSER EDITOR LAURENCE PIEAU WITH COLLEAGUE NEWSROOM CLOSE OF STACK OF MAGAZINES NANTERRE, FRANCE (FILE - JUNE 12, 2015) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF COURT HOUSE
- Embargoed: 15th May 2017 17:34
- Keywords: Duchess of Cambridge photos Catherine Duke of Cambridge Prince William royals topless paparazzi Closer France
- Location: PARIS, VIENS, MONTROUGE AND NANTERRE, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, VIENS, MONTROUGE AND NANTERRE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA0026F0C1TZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Six photographers and journalists are set to appear in a French court on Tuesday (May 2) over topless pictures taken and published of Britain's Duchess of Cambridge in 2012.
The Duchess and her husband Prince William pressed at the time for criminal charges in France to try to prevent wider publication of the pictures, which were taken of them on a balcony of a private residence during their stay in the Luberon region.
Celebrity gossip magazine Closer was among the media who published the photos, with Buckingham Palace at the time calling the photo spread a "grotesque" invasion of the royal couple's privacy.
Tuesday's hearing will take place at a court in Nanterre, just outside Paris.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None