- Title: French court to hear case over topless Duchess of Cambridge pictures
- Date: 1st May 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MARCH 18, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) VARIOUS OF DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE, PRINCE WILLIAM AND CATHERINE, POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS IN FRONT OF EIFFEL TOWER
- Embargoed: 15th May 2017 17:34
- Keywords: Duchess of Cambridge photos Catherine Duke of Cambridge Prince William royals topless paparazzi Closer France
- Location: PARIS, VIENS, MONTROUGE AND NANTERRE, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, VIENS, MONTROUGE AND NANTERRE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA0016F0C1TZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Six photographers and journalists are set to appear in a French court on Tuesday (May 2) over topless pictures taken and published of Britain's Duchess of Cambridge in 2012.
The Duchess and her husband Prince William pressed at the time for criminal charges in France to try to prevent wider publication of the pictures, which were taken of them on a balcony of a private residence during their stay in the Luberon region.
Celebrity gossip magazine Closer was among the media who published the photos, with Buckingham Palace at the time calling the photo spread a "grotesque" invasion of the royal couple's privacy.
Tuesday's hearing will take place at a court in Nanterre, just outside Paris.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None