- Title: Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Kiedis hospitalized, performance cancelled
- Date: 15th May 2016
- Summary: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (FILE - SEPTEMBER 10, 2012) (REUTERS) RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS VOCALIST ANTHONY KIEDIS PERFORMING WITH THE BAND IN CONCERT AUDIENCE WATCHING AS BAND PERFORMS KIEDIS ON STAGE SINGING
- Embargoed: 29th May 2016 08:54
- Keywords: illness California Irvine band Red Hot Chili Peppers Anthony Kiedis
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL / INTERNET
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL / INTERNET
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0014HX32H9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Red Hot Chili Peppers' lead singer Anthony Kiedis was taken to hospital on Saturday (May 14), forcing the cancellation of the band's show in Irvine, California.
"Unfortunately due to illness the @ChiliPeppers were forced to cancel their set tonight at #WeenieRoast," Los Angeles radio station KROQ, which sponsors the annual event, said on Twitter.
Officials at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater confirmed the band's performance had been canceled and that Kiedis had been hospitalized but gave no further details, media reports said.
Billboard magazine reported that Kiedis was taken from the venue in an ambulance suffering from extreme stomach pain, citing a KROQ representative, but that the exact nature of the problem was as yet unknown.
Red Hot Chili Peppers have sold more than 60 million albums, won six Grammy Awards and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. They performed at last year's Super Bowl halftime show, among the most high-profile U.S. gigs for musical performers.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.