- Title: Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick turn on lights at The London Eye
- Date: 29th September 2016
- Summary: ANNA KENDRICK AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ON RAINBOW CARPET
- Embargoed: 13th October 2016 22:30
- Keywords: London Eye Anna Kendrick Justin Timberlake Trolls
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM; UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM; UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA00751M91ZH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: "Trolls" stars Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick turned up for a special event along the Southbank in London on Thursday evening (September 29).
The duo, who were out to promote their animated feature, walked the rainbow carpet and joked about the upcoming US election before they turned on lights at the iconic London Eye.
"Whoever wins, give us one of those", Timberlake told Reuters.
In the film, which is based on the classic, colourful dolls designed by Dane Thomas Dam, Timberlake takes on the role of cynical troll Branch, an outsider in an overly happy world of trolls.
The actor also served as executive producer on the film's soundtrack, mixing original compositions with mashups of classic songs.
Anna Kendrick plays Princess Poppy who together with Timberlake's character goes on a quest to save their fellow trolls from the Bergens.
Kendrick says she was surprised how mean Branch (Timberlake) was throughout the first half of the film.
"First time that I heard his speaking voice in 'Trolls' I was like 'who is that?'. I was like 'he is so mean', because at first he is very mean to meâ€¦In a funny way. We are very mean to each other'," Kendrick said.
While Timbarlake wasn't keen to discuss his latest Woody Allen project, Kendrick talked about her latest film with Ben Affleck, 'The Accountant'.
"That movie is kind of a puzzle movie, where I'm like: I have made the movie and the second time I saw it, I was like 'Oh I get...'." she admitted.
DreamWorks' "Trolls" is being released in UK cinemas on October 21st.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.