- Title: Burberry marks 160 years with film about founder
- Date: 1st November 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - SEPTEMBER 2009) (REUTERS) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) ACTRESSES LIV TYLER AND EMMA WATSON IN FRONT ROW
- Embargoed: 15th November 2016 13:27
- Keywords: Thomas Burberry history retail fashion luxury Burberry
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / CANNES, FRANCE / VARIOUS UNKNOWN LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / CANNES, FRANCE / VARIOUS UNKNOWN LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA00956M1FTL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3
British fashion house Burberry, known for its trench coats and check print, is marking its 160th anniversary this year with a short movie, shot in the form of a cinematic trailer, about its founder.
"The Tale of Thomas Burberry" is a three-minute film which turns to fiction to tell the founder's story and stars "The Revenant" actor Domhnall Gleeson as the protagonist.
Directed by Asif Kapadia, who won an Oscar for documentary "Amy", the film, which kicks off Burberry's Christmas campaign, recalls Burberry's invention of weatherproof fabric gabardine as well as dressing the military. It also features actors Sienna Miller, Dominic West and Lily James.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.