- Title: German rock concert to resume after terrorism alert
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: NUERBURG, GERMANY (JUNE 3, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF FANS AT ENTRANCE GATE VARIOUS OF SECURITY CHECKS AT GATES (SOUNDBITE) (German) REVELLER, RENE SCHMIDT, SAYING: "We still have hope - because (the band) Rammstein was really the reason we are here - but the mood is still great here and relaxed. We party the same as before (the suspension). We don't let them take it away from us. It remains like it was." (SOUNDBITE) (German) REVELLER KEVIN NEUMEYER, SAYING: "It was the right decision, that's for sure. One cannot let the shit stop you. Continue, for sure. And the mood was great last night, it did not make any difference." (SOUNDBITE) (German) REVELLER PASCAL JAHN, SAYING: "The crowd reacted very cool. A bit of booing at first, but then followed by applause. it was quite impressive. And the mood was great, also then at the camping site. A bit of a pity because of Rammstein, because I have heard that they don't play here anymore."
- Embargoed: 17th June 2017 14:04
- Keywords: German police open-air rock concert
- Location: NUERBURG, GERMANY
- City: NUERBURG, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JQ3JNR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PROFANE LANGUAGE IN SHOT 4
An open-air weekend "Rock am Ring" concert near Germany's Nuerburgring race track will resume on Saturday (June 3) after being suspended on Friday (June 2) due to a possible terrorist threat, the organisers said.
"After intensive searches of the whole festival area, the suspicions have not hardened into an acute threat situation," the organisers said on their Facebook page, adding that police had given a green light for the concert to go ahead.
The suicide bombing at a pop concert in Manchester, England on May 22 led to changes in the security planning for the German concert and the number of security officials was increased substantially to 1,200, the police said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None