- Title: Alexandra Savior performs and talks new album
- Date: 2nd May 2017
- Summary: SAVIOR PERFORMING DURING CONCERT
- Embargoed: 16th May 2017 15:01
- Keywords: music Alex Turner Alexandra Savior
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / UNIDENTIFIED
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0086F5BLU5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Up and coming U.S. musician Alexandra Savior has gone on tour with her debut album 'Belladonna of Sadness'.
The Portland, Oregon native moved to Los Angeles and signed with major label Columbia in 2013, where she went on to work with British producers James Ford and Alex Turner.
Savior said she was surprised when Turner, who has won multiple awards as frontman of UK band The Arctic Monkeys, offered to help co-write her entire album.
"Yeah, I think, yeah, well I mean kind of at the beginning he suggested that we do the whole record, which was surprising. But I'm really impulsive so I said 'yes'. Yeah, it took a while for it to get to a point where we really knew what we were doing. I think when we wrote 'Girlie' that was like - okay, there's no turning back," said Savior.
The album title 'Belladonna of Sadness' comes from a 1973 Japanese anime film of the same name.
Savior said she went against other people's advice by choosing the title.
Savior performed songs including 'Mirage' and 'Mystery Girl' in front of fans in Hackney, London on Wednesday (April 26).
The 21 year-old is due to return to London on May 30th.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.