- Title: Katy Perry celebrates Capitol Records' 75 anniversary in Hollywood
- Date: 15th November 2016
- Summary: ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PERRY HOLDING AND RAISING HANDS WITH BARNETT AND GRAINGE CLOSE-UP OF STAR/PERRY WITH BARNETT AND GRAINGE
- Embargoed: 29th November 2016 23:26
- Keywords: Katy Perry Los Angeles Hollywood Walk of Fame Capitol Records
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00258K59OT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Capitol Records began celebrating its 75th anniversary in the music business in Los Angeles on Tuesday (November 15) with the unveiling of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Pop star Katy Perry, who rose to fame with the hit song "I Kissed a Girl," attended the unveiling, along with Capitol Records CEO Steve Barnett and Universal Music Group CEO Lucian Grainge.
Perry was full of praise for her record label and recalled her struggle trying to find a recording contract.
"I'm really grateful to be here today to help kick off Capitol's 75th anniversary and to unveil this very special star. From the moment I walked into this pizza pie-shaped tower over 10 years ago, I felt the magic and the history of this place. My previous encounters with other record companies had not gone so well but let's just leave it at that, R.I.P.," Perry told the audience.
"These people value me as an artist and love and support me as a human being and that's no small thing. So I'm happy to be a Capitol recording artist and I plan to be here for the 100th anniversary if they'll have me," she said.
During its year-long 75th anniversary celebrations, Capitol Records will be reissuing vinyls of 75 classic albums, releasing a photo book charting the history of the legendary record company and developing a documentary series.
Some of the albums to be reissued include Frank Sinatra's Come Fly With Me and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.
Other artists to have signed to Capitol Records include The Beatles, The Beach Boys and Nat King Cole, to name but a few.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.