- Title: Thousands of fans flock to Prince's Minnesota home and studio to pay tribute
- Date: 23rd April 2016
- Summary: CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 23, 2016) (REUTERS) PEOPLE WALKING OUTSIDE PAISLEY PARK COMPLEX VARIOUS OF MOBILE POLICE COMMAND CENTER INSIDE PAISLEY PARK GROUNDS PAISLEY PARK BUILDINGS WITH BALLOONS AND FLOWERS LEFT OUTSIDE WOMEN LEAVING FLOWERS OUTSIDE PAISLEY PARK COMPLEX VARIOUS OF TRIBUTES LEFT OUTSIDE PAISLEY PARK LITTLE GIRL WITH BOUQUET OF FLOWERS, WALKING TOWARDS FENCE SIGN READING: RIP PRINCE DOGS WEARING PURPLE COATS (SOUNDBITE) (English) PRINCE FAN WILMETIA HENDERSON SAYING: "I have always admired him, from the time when I was little, growing up. And I never let it go. And I just wanted to pay him the respects that he so deserves." FLOWERS AND BALLOON POSTER SIGNED BY FANS (SOUNDBITE) (English) PRINCE FAN TABITHA DEBBLAFF SAYING: "Ever since I was little, my mom used to dance around the living room to Prince songs and I've loved him ever since. And it's just a sad time, because he was such a Minnesota legend and I can't even fathom that he was such a world legend as well and that he's just gone." VARIOUS OF WOMAN WRITING MESSAGE ON POSTER POSTER WITH MESSAGES (SOUNDBITE) (English) PRINCE FAN WENDY MIDDENDORF SAYING: "It's just shocking having him gone. We don't know what we're going to do without Prince and his music." PEOPLE, BALLOONS AND FLOWERS OUTSIDE PAISLEY PARK
- Embargoed: 7th May 2016 21:21
- Keywords: fans balloons Paisley Park music Prince tribute Minnesota death flowers singer
- Location: CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
- City: CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0014EL9GEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Two days after the death of music icon Prince, fans continued to gather outside of the singer's Minnesota home and studio compound on Saturday (April 23).
The fence surrounding his property in Chanhassen, near Minneapolis, has become a tribute marker, decorated with flowers, balloons and memorial signs.
One fan delivering flowers to the memorial spoke of her admiration for Prince.
"I have always admired him, from the time when I was little, growing up. And I never let it go. And I just wanted to pay him the respects that he so deserves," Wilmetia Henderson said outside.
Prince died at his home on Thursday (April 21) at the age of 57; he was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park Studios complex. An autopsy had begun on Friday (April 22) to determine why the innovative performer died, but authorities cautioned it could take weeks before the results are made public.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None