- Title: Kim Kardashian returns briefly to social media
- Date: 1st November 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MAY 20, 2014) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF KIM KARDASHIAN WALKING, HOLDING BABY NORTH WEST PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - OCTOBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) POLICE CAR IN FRONT OF APARTMENT BUILDING WHERE KARDASHIAN WAS STAYING ON RUE TRONCHET, EIGHTH ARRONDISSEMENT VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS IN FRONT OF BUILDING NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - MAY 2, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KARDASHIAN AND HER HUSBAND, MUSICIAN KANYE WEST, AT THE MET GALA
- Embargoed: 15th November 2016 19:20
- Keywords: social media Instagram Twitter Facebook Kanye West Kim Kardashian
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: PARIS, FRANCE / NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00156M6WJX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Reality star Kim Kardashian has returned to social media, posting on Facebook for the first time since a robbery in Paris last month forced her to retreat from her busy public life.
Kardashian, who grew a multimillion-dollar brand through her prolific Twitter, Instagram and other social media postings that attract tens of millions of followers, put up three Facebook entries late on Monday (October 31), but made no reference to the robbery at gunpoint in Paris.
Instead she posted a link to old Kardashian Halloween family videos, linked to Halloween costume ideas from her personal assistant, and shared what appeared to be an old photo of herself sitting and looking at her cell phone.
The 36-year-old recently resumed filming her TV show "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," which was put on hold after the Oct. 3 attack when she was tied up and held at gunpoint while her jewelry was taken. No arrests have been made.
Kardashian, who has used social media and the TV show to document every detail of her life and that of her sisters, adopted a low profile after the attack following criticism that she had made herself vulnerable by constant displays of her wealth.
Her sister Khloe Kardashian said last month that Kim had suffered "emotional terror" and that the robbery had proved a "wake-up call to make a lot of life adjustments."
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None