- Title: Playboy's Playmate of the Year, now with more clothes
- Date: 12th May 2016
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (MAY 11, 2016) (REUTERS) WIDE OF PLAYBOY MANSION
- Embargoed: 26th May 2016 01:47
- Keywords: Eugena Washington Hugh Hefner Playmate of the Year Playboy Mansion Playboy
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0014HD9D95
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Model-actress Eugena Washington, was introduced as the 2016 Playmate of the Year on Wednesday (May 11) at the Playboy Mansion in the Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles.
Washington, who is only the third black woman to be named Playmate of the Year, spoke to reporters on the front lawn of the mansion, before posing with one of the perks of her new role, a Fiat 124 Spider convertible.
"I would tell women to believe in yourself, I would tell women to trust in your own magic, I would tell women to embrace all of your personality and I'd say embrace your individuality and go for whatever you wanna go for because the world needs to hear from you," Washington told Reuters.
The 31-year-old Washington will be featured on the cover of the magazine's June issue, and on 10 pages inside. The issue will go on sale May 20. As Playmate of the Year, Washington will receive $100,000 in prize money and a two-year lease on the Fiat.
Playboy, founded in 1953 by the now 90-year-old Hugh Hefner, announced in October that it would stop publishing nude photos of women, saying they had become outdated due to the plethora of free pornography on the Internet. Playboy's circulation has dropped from about 5.6 million in 1975 to around 800,000 in recent years. More recently, Playboy Enterprises put up the iconic mansion for sale for 200 million dollars and explored a possible sale of the magazine.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None