- Title: Robbers smash car into Chanel boutique in Paris
- Date: 28th April 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (APRIL 28, 2016) (REUTERS) BURNT CAR BEING LIFTED BY CRANE CAR PARTIALLY SEEN AS IT IS LIFTED IN FRONT OF CHANEL SHOP ON AVENUE MONTAIGNE SECURITY STANDING OUTSIDE CHANEL SHOP BURNT TIRE AND OTHER PARTS OF CAR VARIOUS OF BURNT CAR CAR ON TOP OF TRUCK DRIVING AWAY FROM CHANEL SHOP DESTROYED WINDOW SHOP INTERIOR SEEN FROM BEHIND BARS BROKEN GLASS DOOR, SEEN FROM BEHIND BARS SECURITY STANDING IN FRONT OF SHOP BURNT DEBRIS ON ROAD SECURITY STANDING IN STREET OUTSIDE SHOP
- Embargoed: 12th May 2016 11:16
- Keywords: crime haute couture luxury fashion
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0014FA8ZLZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A Chanel boutique not far from the Champs Elysees in Paris was robbed on Thursday morning (April 28), with three suspects smashing an SUV into the front door and torching it before they escaped, local media, quoting police, said.
Local media said the thieves made of with several purses worth several thousand euros before they fled on scooters from the Chanel shop on Avenue Montaigne, a street with several haute couture brands.
The shop's glass door entrance was broken, and burnt debris littered the sidewalk.
The burnt vehicle was retrieved by police on Thursday morning.
A similar break-in took place in a Chanel boutique in the South Kensington neighbourhood of London last January, when a car crashed into the shop front, allowing burglars to enter.
There has been a series of high-profile robberies on luxury stores in central Paris in recent years often targeting prestigious jewelry or watch boutiques at some of Paris' most exclusive addresses.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None