- Title: German director Werner Herzog receives Cannes' Carosse d'Or award
- Date: 18th May 2017
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 18, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) GERMAN DIRECTOR WERNER HERZOG SAYING: "A remark about the compilation, you saw a quote from (French mathematician) Blaise Pascal, I made it up, it's written by me (applause). But I know Blaise Pascal couldn't' have said it better. Thank you very much and I'm very excited to see a new film that all of us have not seen yet." HERZOG WALKING OFF STAGE WITH AWARD PEOPLE IN AUDIENCE
- Embargoed: 1st June 2017 21:01
- Keywords: award Werner Herzog Cannes film festival
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE/ BERLIN, GERMANY/ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ VENICE, ITALY
- City: CANNES, FRANCE/ BERLIN, GERMANY/ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ VENICE, ITALY
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0056HD6UDP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: German director and screenwriter Werner Herzog, 74, received the Carrosse d'Or award, or Golden Carriage award in English, at the 70th Cannes film festival on Thursday (May 18).
Herzog's latest movie, the adventure thriller "Salt and Fire", starred Michael Shannon and Gael Garcia Bernal. He has worked with the likes of Eva Mendes and Nicole Kidman.
The Society of Film Directors (SRF), which brings together top French filmmakers, said it honoured Herzog to "pay tribute to (his) relentless energy and (his) great creativity," according to Variety.
Previous Carrosse d'Or honorees include Finnish Aki Kaurismaki, Chinese Jia Zhangke, Frenchman Alain Resnais and Australian screenwriter Jane Campion.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None