- Title: Why did Prince die? Autopsy performed on US music legend
- Date: 22nd April 2016
- Summary: RAMSEY, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 22, 2016) (REUTERS) MEDICAL EXAMINERS OFFICE VARIOUS OF SIGNAGE VARIOUS OF FLOWERS OUTSIDE OF OFFICE POLICE CAR SITTING IN FRONT OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS OFFICE MEDICAL EXAMINERS OFFICE SIGNAGE
- Embargoed: 6th May 2016 19:58
- Keywords: autopsy singer medical examiner Prince
- Location: RAMSEY, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
- City: RAMSEY, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0014EGD2YV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: An autopsy on U.S. music superstar Prince on Friday (April 22) sought to determine why the innovative performer died, but authorities cautioned it could take weeks before the results are made public.
The local medical examiner's office began carrying out a post-mortem examination on Friday morning but said its results could be some time coming.
"As part of a complete exam, relevant information regarding Mr. Nelson's medical and social history will be gathered. Anything which could be relevant to the investigation will be taken into consideration," the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office said in a statement.
No information will be released until all results have been obtained, it added. "Gathering the results will take several days and the results of a full toxicology scan could likely take weeks," the statement said.
Prince died at his home on Thursday (April 21) at the age of 57; he was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park Studios complex.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None