- Title: Putin opens international MAKS air show near Moscow
- Date: 18th July 2017
- Summary: ZHUKOVSKY, RUSSIA (JULY 18, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE ARRIVING AT ZHUKOVSKY AIRFIELD JETS AND HELICOPTERS ON AIRFIELD VARIOUS OF MILITARY OFFICERS STANDING NEAR HELICOPTER VARIOUS OF MI-28N HELICOPTER RUSSIAN OFFICER SPEAKING TO MAN NEAR FENCE MILITARY OFFICER SPEAKING TO PILOT IN COCKPIT OF MIG-29 IS A TWIN-ENGINE JET FIGHTER AIRCRAFT MIG-29 IS A TWIN-ENGINE JET FIGHTER AIRCRAFT RUSSIAN AIR FORCE FLAG AIRCRAFT ON DISPLAY WITH WEAPONRY MISSILES TWO MEN IN UNIFORM LOOKING AT DISPLAY JETS ON DISPLAY WITH WEAPONRY CROWD
- Embargoed: 1st August 2017 15:56
- Keywords: Russia air show MAKS president Putin
- Location: ZHUKOVSKY, RUSSIA
- City: ZHUKOVSKY, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA0016Q8S2MF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russia's aircraft makers took centre stage on the first day of a major air show near Moscow on Tuesday (July 18), with Russian President Vladimir Putin pledging to strengthen the industry further.
Putin joined officials on the viewing platform to watch the opening flight programme on the first day of the four-day MAKS air show.
According to MAKS-2017, the air show's programme involves 200 aircraft, with some taking part in the flight programme and others being showcased at the airfield.
Over 100 businesses from foreign countries are taking part in the MAKS-2017 event, which Russia hopes will shore up sales of Russian made aircraft.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None