- Title: China's Xi pledges 'unremitting' efforts for Middle East peace
- Date: 18th July 2017
- Summary: MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING ABBAS LISTENING XI SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS ABBAS SPEAKING XI LISTENING ABBAS SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS ABBAS AND XI WALKING ONTO THE STAGE SIGNING CEREMONY IN PROGRESS ABBAS AND XI STANDING DELEGATES SITTING DOWN CHINESE DELEGATE SIGNING PALESTINIAN DELEGATE SIGNING DELEGATES EXCHANGING DOCUMENTS DELEGATES AND MEDIA SEATED ABBAS AND XI WALKING FOR SPEECH (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE PRESIDENT, XI JINPING, SAYING: "As the Palestinian people's good friend, partner and brother, China hopes Palestine and Israel can achieve peace as soon as possible and live and work in peace. China will make unremitting efforts for this." DELEGATES SEATED ABBAS GIVING XI MEDAL OF HONOUR DELEGATES SEATED ABBAS AND XI LEAVING
- Embargoed: 1st August 2017 14:52
- Keywords: Xi Jinping meets Mahmoud Abbas Palestinian President in Beijing China Palestinian relations Abbas visit
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026Q8U79J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Chinese President Xi Jinping pledged on Tuesday (July 18) to make "unremitting" efforts towards promoting peace in the Middle East, after meeting Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
Palestinian officials have urged China, which supports an independent Palestinian state, to do more in the Middle East peace process.
Chinese envoys occasionally visit Israel and the Palestinian Territories, though China has traditionally played little role in Middle East conflicts or diplomacy despite its reliance on the region for oil.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None