- Title: Palestinian president meets Chinese premier in Beijing
- Date: 19th July 2017
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (JULY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PALESTINIAN PRESIDENT MAHMOUD ABBAS WALKING TO SHAKE HANDS WITH CHINESE PREMIER LI KEQIANG AND CHATTING VARIOUS OF LI SHAKING HANDS WITH PALESTINIAN DELEGATES MEETING IN PROGRESS LI SPEAKING ABBAS SPEAKING LI SPEAKING/CHINESE DELEGATES SEATED ABBAS SPEAKING/CHINESE AND PALESTINIAN DELEGATES SEATED CHINESE AND PALESTINIAN DELEGATES SITTING IN MEETING EXTERIOR OF GREAT HALL OF THE PEOPLE
- Embargoed: 2nd August 2017 11:10
- Keywords: Palestine China Mahmoud Abbas Li Keqiang Great Hall of the People Beijing
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QDU4P1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on Wednesday (July 19).
The two were photographed shaking hands at the Great Hall of the People before sitting down to talks.
Abbas met with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping on Tuesday (July 18) where Xi pledged to make "unremitting" efforts towards promoting peace in the Middle East.
Palestinian officials have urged China, which supports an independent Palestinian state, to do more in the Middle East peace process.
Chinese envoys occasionally visit Israel and the Palestinian Territories, though China has traditionally played a minimal role in Middle East conflicts or diplomacy despite its reliance on the region for oil.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None