- Title: Israel, Central European states say better EU-Israel ties needed
- Date: 19th July 2017
- Summary: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (JULY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) RIVER DANUBE AND CITY
- Embargoed: 2nd August 2017 12:45
- Keywords: Visegrad 4 V4 Slovankia Israel Netanyahu
- Location: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- City: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- Country: Hungary
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QDUSEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The leaders of Hungary and Israel on Wednesday (July 19) called for improved relations between the EU and Israel, notably in security and technology, in an era defined by terrorism threats and migration.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Hungary's Viktor Orban both said relations should be reassessed as Israel was being criticised in Brussels while claiming that the country plays a stabilising role in the Middle East at the benefit of Europe.
The prime ministers of Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, who also attended the meeting with Netanyahu, said they supported improved Israel-EU relations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None