- Title: Samsung heiress ordered to pay $7.6 million in divorce ruling
- Date: 20th July 2017
- Summary: SAMSUNG FAMILY SITTING INCLUDING LEE KUN-HEE (FORTH FROM LEFT OF FIRST ROW), JAY Y. LEE (FIRST FROM RIGHT OF THIRD ROW), LEE BOO-JIN (SECOND FROM RIGHT OF THIRD ROW), AND LIM (SECOND FROM LEFT OF THIRD ROW) IN CEREMONY VENUE
- Embargoed: 3rd August 2017 08:10
- Keywords: Samsung heiress Lee Boo-jin divorce Lim Woo-jae ruling
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Reuters ID: LVA0056QIU24L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A Seoul court ruled on Thursday (July 20) Samsung Group heiress Lee Boo-jin must provide 8.6 billion won ($7.64 million) in assets as part of a divorce from her husband and former executive at a Samsung affiliate.
Lee, 46-year-old chief executive of Hotel Shilla and daughter of the ailing Samsung Group patriarch Lee Kun-hee, was given sole custody of their son as part of the ruling, a Seoul Family Court spokeswoman told Reuters.
Lim Woo-jae, 48, was dubbed "Mr. Cinderella" by local media after he married Lee in 1999 despite his humble background. But Lee filed for divorce and for custody of their child in late 2014, following rumours of discord due to a difference in personalities.
Lim, who filed his own suit seeking 1.2 trillion won ($1.07 billion) from Lee through a division of assets from the divorce, plans to appeal the Thursday ruling, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency said, citing one of his lawyers.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None