- Title: Prince William, wife Kate visit Heidelberg cancer research lab
- Date: 20th July 2017
- Summary: HEIDELBERG, GERMANY (JULY 20, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ROYAL COUPLE PRINCE WILLIAM AND HIS WIFE KATE GETTING OUT OF CAR AS CROWD CHEERS, ROYALS RECEIVED BY BADEN-WUERTTEMBERG STATE PREMIER WINFRIED KRETSCHMANN AND OTHER GERMAN OFFICIALS WILLIAM SPEAKING TO OFFICIAL AND KRETSCHMANN BEFORE THEY ENTER CANCER RESEARCH LABORATORY
- Embargoed: 3rd August 2017 12:37
- Keywords: prince William Kate Cambridge Heidelberg royal visit
- Location: HEIDELBERG, GERMANY
- City: HEIDELBERG, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QIRPL3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate continued their three-day visit to Germany on Thursday (July 20) and arrived in the southern university town of Heidelberg where they were welcomed by cheering crowds eager to take a picture of the royal couple.
William and Kate visited a cancer research laboratory where the state prime minister of Baden-Wuerttemberg Winfried Kretschmann presented them with a customised wooden cuckoo clock "combining traditional and modern design," according to Kretschmann.
William did not appear too convinced but called the creation decorated with the British flag and a red stag with blue antlers "fantastic."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None