- Title: Palestinians remove body of man killed in Jerusalem clashes out of hospital
- Date: 21st July 2017
- Summary: JERUSALEM (JULY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CLASHES BETWEEN PALESTINIANS AND ISRAELI FORCES
- Embargoed: 4th August 2017 19:23
- Keywords: Palestinians smuggle body Al-Aqsa compound Muslim anger Israeli security measures Israeli-Palestinian conflict Jerusalem
- Location: JERUSALEM
- City: JERUSALEM
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026QNW4ZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Palestinian mourners removed the body of man killed in Jerusalem clashes out of hospital on Friday (July 21) to bury him before Israeli authorities could take control of the body and withhold it from burial.
Mourners were seen moving the body wrapped in blood-soaked sheet over the wall of a Jerusalem hospital.
It wasn't clear whose body it was.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said Mohammed Sharaf, 17, and Mohammad Hassan Abu Ghannam, age unknown, died of gunshot wounds in two neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem somewhat away from the epicentre of tension in the walled Old City. It reported a third Palestinian fatality, Mohammed Lafi, 18, later.
There have been daily confrontations between Palestinians hurling rocks and Israeli police using stun grenades since the detectors were placed outside the sacred venue, known to Muslims as Al-Aqsa compound and to Jews as Temple Mount, on Sunday, following the killing of two Israeli policemen.
The shrine includes the Al-Aqsa Mosque, the third-holiest site in Islam, and the golden Dome of the Rock. It was also the site of an ancient Jewish temple, the holiest place in Judaism.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None