- Title: Arsene Wenger says that Arsenal playing Chelsea is never just another game
- Date: 21st July 2017
- Summary: BEIJING (JULY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** VARIOUS OF TRAINING IN PROGRESS IN BEIJING NATIONAL STADIUM ARSENAL PLAYER OLIVIER GIROUND AND PLAYER ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE IN TRAINING PLAYERS RUNNING GIROUND WALKING GOALKEEPER PETR CECH IN TRAINING TRAINING IN PROGRESS VARIOUS OF PLAYERS RUNNING FANS CHANTING TRAINING IN PROGRESS ARSENAL COACH ARSENE WENGER TALKING TO PLAYERS LACAZETTE RUNNING IN TRAINING ARSENAL MIDFIELDER MESUT OZIL IN TRAINING LACAZETTE SCORED A GOAL IN TRAINING WENGER AND ARSENAL CENTRE-BACK LAURENT KOSCIELNY WALKING ONTO THE STAGE MEDIA TAKING PICTURES (SOUNDBITE) (English) ARSENE WENGER, ARSENAL MANAGER, SAYING: "Well it's obviously difficult to predict but I think like (Laurent) Koscielny said it's a friendly between Chelsea and Arsenal that means it's not really a friendly. There is always some pride at stake, some London desire to have a superiority. "It was a very interesting game in the final of the FA Cup, we play against Chelsea in the Champions League and we play them very early in the season again so in fact we know each other very well, and it's difficult to know how prepared is Chelsea, how far we are with the preparations but tomorrow will be a good indication. It was good against Bayern (Munich), it's another test for us before the season." PRESS
- Embargoed: 4th August 2017 17:15
- Keywords: Soccer China Beijing Chelsea Arsenal Wenger Conte
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QNVCJJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:As Arsenal prepared to face Chelsea in a match in Beijing manager Arsene Wenger said that there is no such thing as a friendly match between the two sides.
The teams will meet in the Bird's Nest stadium as part of their pre-season preparations but the Frenchman admitted that the rivalry between the two clubs is too intense for the match to be taken lightly.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte said that new signing Alvaro Morata is a player "with the right prospect for Chelsea" during his news conference.
The Premier League champions said on Wednesday (July 19) that they have agreed a deal to sign the Real Madrid striker, subject to the Spain international agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
The 24-year-old will give Conte the attacking reinforcement that he has been searching for after he was reported to be frustrated by the club missing out on Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku, who joined Manchester United last week.
The two teams will play in Beijing on Saturday (July 22).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None