- Title: Spain's La Liga carries out draw for next season's fixture list
- Date: 21st July 2017
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (JULY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF SPANISH FOOTBALL FEDERATION (RFEF) HEADQUARTERS LA LIGA PRESIDENT JAVIER TEBAS ARRIVING FOR DRAW VARIOUS OF PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION OF SPANISH SOCCER PLAYERS, LUIS RUBIALES, AND CLUB OFFICIALS ARRIVING FOR DRAW VARIOUS OF DRAW IN PROGRESS ATLETICO MADRID PRESIDENT ENRIQUE CEREZO APPROACHING STAGE AND TAKING BALL TEBAS SITTING AND TALKING CLUB OFFICIALS ATTENDING DRAW SCREEN DISPLAYING LA LIGA FIXTURES CEREZO AND RUBIALES TALKING VARIOUS OF DRAW IN PROGRESS RFEF GENERAL SECRETARY ESTHER GASCON TALKING DURING EVENT PEOPLE CLAPPING AS DRAW FINISHES
- Embargoed: 4th August 2017 14:36
- Keywords: La Liga draw Real Madrid Barcelona
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- City: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QNSYF3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Spain's Football Federation (RFEF) held on Friday (July 21) the draw for the next La Liga season after the institution's head and FIFA vice-president, Angel Maria Villar, was held in custody on Thursday (July 20) without bail pending an investigation into corruption allegations, a Spanish High Court judge ruled.
The draw, which took place at the Federation headquarters in Las Rozas was set for Thursday (July 20) but after Villar, his son Gorka and two other football executives, were arrested on Tuesday (July 18) on allegations of collusion, embezzlement and falsifying documents, the draw was postponed along with other RFEF events, finally setting it up for Friday.
The event was attended by the RFEF general secretary Esther Gascon in Villar's absence.
The La Liga draw revealed the fixtures for the 2017-2018 season. El Clasico between giants Real Madrid and Barcelona will take place on December 20 at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium and on May 6 at the Camp Nou.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None