- Title: Six teens from Burundi missing in Washington following robotics competition
- Date: 20th July 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (JULY 17, 2017) (REUTERS) WIDE OF ROBOTICS COMPETITION CLOSE UP OF ROBOTIC COMPETITION VARIOUS OF ROBOTIC TEAMS FROM AROUND DURING COMPETITION
- Embargoed: 3rd August 2017 15:23
- Keywords: Burundi Teens missing robotics
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNTIED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNTIED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA0026QIW56V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Six teenagers from Burundi who participated in a recent robotics competition were reported missing to the Washington Metropolitan police on Wednesday (July 19).
The Washington D.C. police website says the teens, two females and four males range in age from 16 to 18.
The group was in Washington to compete in a recent international robotics competition from Sunday (July 16) through Tuesday (July 18) and went missing following the closing ceremonies of the competition Tuesday afternoon.
The robotics competition attracted international attention earlier in the week as a team of girls from Afghanistan were granted visas to attend the competition despite a travel ban imposed by the Trump administration levied on majority Muslim nations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None