- Title: West Ham agree terms for striker Javier Hernandez
- Date: 21st July 2017
- Summary: CUERNAVACA, MORELOS, MEXICO (MARCH 21, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF STRIKER JAVIER HERNANDEZ TRAINING MEXICO TRAINING SESSION MEXICO COACH, JUAN CARLOS OSORIO, TALKING TO PLAYERS, WITH HERNANDEZ STANDING BEHIND HIM BARCELONA, SPAIN (SEPTEMBER 28, 2015) (REUTERS) HERNANDEZ TRAINING WITH BAYER LEVERKUSEN PLAYERS ON PITCH HERNANDEZ TRAINING
- Embargoed: 4th August 2017 09:02
- Keywords: Javier Hernandez West Ham Bayer Leverkusen Sign Transfer
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QNUBEN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: West Ham United have agreed a deal to sign Mexico striker Javier Hernandez from German side Bayer Leverkusen, the Premier League club said on Thursday (July 20).
The 29-year-old former Manchester United and Real Madrid player, known as 'Chicharito', is expected to arrive in London in the next few days for a medical and to finalise personal terms on a transfer British media are reporting to be worth 16 million pounds ($20.75 million).
Hernandez joined Manchester United from Chivas in 2010 and scored 59 goals in 156 appearances, as well as having a loan spell at Madrid, before joining Leverkusen in August 2015.
In Germany, he netted 39 times in 76 matches, and he is also Mexico's all-time leading goalscorer, after he scored his 47th international goal on his 91st appearance, against Croatia in May.
($1 = 0.7710 pounds)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None