- Title: Palestinian killed in West Bank clashes with Israeli forces
- Date: 22nd July 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF DOCTORS TREATING WOUNDED MAN WHO LATER DIED FROM HIS INJURIES
- Embargoed: 5th August 2017 20:08
- Keywords: Jerusalem Temple Mount-Noble Sanctuary Muslim anger Israeli security measures Israeli-Palestinian clashes West Bank Palestinian killed
- Location: JERICHO AND QALANDIA, WEST BANK
- City: JERICHO AND QALANDIA, WEST BANK
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA0026QSSPJB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: **GRAPHIC IMAGES**
A Palestinian man wounded in clashes with Israeli security forces died from his injuries in a West Bank hospital on Saturday (July 22), Palestinian health ministry said, but did not provide details of how he was wounded.
In Jerusalem, Israeli police said they used riot gear to disperse dozens of Palestinians who threw stones and bottles at them. Television footage showed police throwing stun grenades and using a water cannon to break up the crowd.
Israel sent extra troops into the occupied West Bank and raided the home of the Palestinian attacker who a day earlier stabbed to death three Israelis, in the bloodiest spate of Israeli-Palestinian violence for years.
Hours before the stabbing attack during a Friday (July 21) night dinner in a settlement in the occupied West Bank, three Palestinians were killed in violence prompted by Israel's installation of metal detectors at entry points to the Noble Sanctuary-Temple Mount compound in Jerusalem's walled Old City.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None