- Title: One Jordanian killed, one Israeli wounded at Israeli embassy in Jordan - police
- Date: 23rd July 2017
- Summary: AMMAN, JORDAN (JULY 23, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF THE ISRAELI EMBASSY VARIOUS OF A SECURITY VAN VARIOUS OF SECURITY VEHICLES PARKED ON ROAD (SOUNDBITE) (ARABIC) ZAKRIA ASHOUR, A JORDANIAN, SAYING: "We were standing at the supermarket that is located at the gate of the embassy as we live in the area and me and my friends always stand there. We heard the sound of the ambulance at the embassy, so Qusai, the owner of the supermarket and I, went out to see what was happening so we did not see anything at the gate of the embassy. We thought to drive over and see what was happening down there. We went to the gate, we saw Jordanian security personnel standing there, they had closed the barrier and there were Jordanian security members who were injured. We asked what was happening and they told us that there was a person who was in a pick-up truck parked there who had a weapon, he was taking furniture out when took advantage of the chance to shoot, he shot at the security that was present and tried to storm the security barrier and he definitely wasn't able to do so." VARIOUS OF CARS DRIVING ALONG ROAD VARIOUS OF SECURITY PERSONNEL STANDING ON ROAD
- Embargoed: 6th August 2017 20:19
- Keywords: Israeli embassy in Amman shooting incident embassy compound one dead
- Location: AMMAN , JORDAN
- City: AMMAN , JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QXTDTZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: One Jordanian was killed and two people were wounded, including an Israeli, in a shooting incident on Sunday (July 23) in a building within the Israeli embassy complex in Jordan's capital Amman, a police statement said.
It said two Jordanian men working for a furniture firm had entered the embassy before the shooting.
The dead Jordanian was killed by a gunshot, while the two wounded people were taken to hospital, the statement said.
Jordanian officials have called on Israel to remove metal detectors outside the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, whose installation has triggered the bloodiest clashes with the Palestinians in years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None