- Title: Tokyo kicks off three-year countdown to 2020 Olympic Games
- Date: 24th July 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) TOKYO 2020 PRESIDENT, YOSHIO MORI, SAYING: "There are three years to go. In three years from today, on the 24th, it will be the opening ceremony." TOKYO 2020 OLYMPIC LOGO ON WALL (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) TOKYO 2020 PRESIDENT, YOSHIO MORI, SAYING: "We have a wonderful song to which everyone from all around the world can dance, regardless of whether they are old, young, handicapped or foreign." MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 7th August 2017 17:55
- Keywords: Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics Olympic Song Tokyo 1964 Summer Olympics Sukiyaki
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026R2T8VZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tokyo kicked off a three-year countdown to the 2020 Summer Olympic and Paralympics on Monday (July 24) and unveiled a new theme song for the Games at an event in the city.
During the event, a group of Japanese celebrities and Olympians wore traditional Japanese clothing patterned with 2020 Games logos and danced to "Tokyo Gorin Ondo 2020", an updated version of the Tokyo 1964 Olympic Games song. It was sung in a traditional style commonly associated with summer festival songs in Japan.
Tokyo will be holding other three-year countdown events on Monday, including the kick-off of a nationwide flag tour.
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games also held an executive board meeting to discuss preparations for the 2020 Games.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.