- Title: Wounded men in Afghan hospital express horror after Taliban car bomb attack
- Date: 25th July 2017
- Summary: EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL'S EMERGENCY BUILDING SIGN ON WALL READING (English): "EMERGENCY"
- Embargoed: 8th August 2017 12:02
- Keywords: Afghanistan blast wounded blast victims Afghanistan hospital treats victims of blast Taliban attack
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Insurgencies
- Reuters ID: LVA0056R7T7WL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Wounded victims of one of the worst attacks in the Afghan capital in recent weeks lay in hospital on Tuesday (July 25) after the shock of the day before, many recounting their horror and calling on the government to bring peace to the country.
On Monday (July 24), a Taliban suicide attacker detonated a car bomb in the western part of Kabul, killing up to 35 people and wounding more than 40, government officials said.
The Taliban, which is battling the Western-backed government and a NATO-led coalition for control of Afghanistan, has launched a wave of attacks around the country in recent days, sparking fighting in more than half a dozen provinces.
The suicide bombing, which targeted government personnel, continued the unrelenting violence that has killed more than 1,700 civilians in Afghanistan so far this year.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None