- Title: A "Friend" drops by Jason Bateman's star unveiling
- Date: 26th July 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (JULY 26, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** JENNIFER ANISTON AND WILL ARNETT AT JASON BATEMAN STAR CEREMONY UNVEILING OF JASON BATEMAN'S STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME WITH BATEMAN FLANKED BY HOLLYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICIALS AND WILL ARNETT AND JENNIFER ANISTON (SOUNDBITE) (English) JENNIFER ANISTON, SPEAKING ABOUT JASON BATEMAN, SAYING: "I mean, is he young, is he old, he looks 12, he acts a hundred. His head has a head of hair that even women envy. But, you know, he works hard. He's tired. But even in his most restful state he is one of the most, the loveliest men to be around. He always gives you deep connection, full attention, authenticity and some of the deepest belly laughs that I can remember. And this will probably be the one and only time that you're going to let people walk all over you. We are so very proud of you. And I'm so honored to be here on this day with you." ANISTON THEN TURNS AND HUGS BATEMAN WIDE OF PODIUM WITH ARNETT SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) JASON BATEMAN'S "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT" CO-STAR, WILL ARNETT, SAYING: "Today's retirement - you're retiring right, is that what it is? No, I don't know what it is really, whatever it is today. Jason is very deserving of being here. He's such a talent and I can honestly say, and this is not a bit that he has taught me a lot, but when I think back today on our first encounter all those years ago, the first thing that really struck me about Jason when I got to know him was how funny he was, always. I've been blessed to know a lot of funny people in my life. And Jason. Is right near the top of that list. Truly, nobody makes me laugh harder, deeper, in a more profound way than this man right here." FANS JASON BATEMAN AT PODIUM (SOUNDBITE) (English) JASON BATEMAN SAYING: "This obviously, you know, this is not meant to belittle this one. It's just it's merely meant to let you know why I'm a little uncomfortable with the grandness of this day, is because my overwhelming thought is a small one about today, it's a simple one. I just simply feel very, very grateful and fortunate to have had a chance to hold my job in a business that's not known for its longevity and for being able to work with enough good people to not only learn an enormous amount, but to find in them some friends that have changed the way I see the world and the way that I want to live it." JASON BATEMAN POSING AT STAR FLANKED BY WILL ARNETT AND JENNIFER ANISTON JASON BATEMAN SEATED AT STAR, POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS JASON BATEMAN POSING WITH FAMILY AT STAR JASON BATEMAN'S STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME
- Embargoed: 9th August 2017 23:47
- Keywords: Jason Bateman Hollywood Walk of Fame star Jennifer Aniston Will Arnett
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RCVYH9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Jennifer Aniston brought some old fashioned star power to Hollywood Blvd on Wednesday (July 26) when long time friend Jason Bateman received the 2,616th star on the Walk of Fame. Aniston and Bateman have starred in five films together. Also on hand was Will Arnett, who played opportunistic brother Gob to Bateman's straight talking Michael Bluth in dysfunctional family comedy "Arrested Development."
Bateman, 48, has received two lead actor Emmy nominations for his role on "Arrested Development."
In Bateman's new series "Ozark,'' he portrays a seemingly straight laced financial planner who is forced to relocate from the Chicago suburbs to the Missouri Ozarks in order to pay off a debt to a Mexican drug lord.
After getting his start in television with a recurring role on period family drama Little House on the Prairie" at age 12, Bateman worked on several modern day sitcoms, achieving some teen fame with his part in late 80s series "The Hogan Family." Bateman's five films with Aniston include "Horrible Bosses" and its sequel as well as romantic comedies "The Switch" and "The Break Up."
Bateman's other film credits include "Juno," "Hancock," "Identity Theft" and "Couples Retreat."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None