- Title: Palestinians call on Israel to remove new Al-Aqsa security measures
- Date: 26th July 2017
- Summary: PHOTO OF JERUSALEM'S DOME OF THE ROCK
- Embargoed: 9th August 2017 15:13
- Keywords: Jerusalem shrine Muslim anger al-Aqsa security measures Israel-Palestinian conflict Ramallah West Bank Fatah spokesperson Nasser Al-Qudwa
- Location: RAMALLAH, WEST BANK / GAZA CITY, GAZA
- City: RAMALLAH, WEST BANK / GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026RCUC07
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israel must remove all security measures installed around Jerusalem's al-Aqsa compound since July 14, Palestinian official Nasser Al-Qudwa said on Wednesday (July 26).
Tensions remained high in Jerusalem after Israel removed metal detectors from entrances to the Temple Mount-Noble Sanctuary compound.
Israel installed the detectors at entry points to Al-Aqsa mosque compound in Jerusalem after Israeli Arabs shot dead two Israeli policemen at the site holy to both Jews and Muslims on July 14, setting off the bloodiest clashes between Israelis and Palestinians in years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.