- Title: French first lady welcomes pop star Rihanna to Elysee palace
- Date: 26th July 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 26, 2017) (REUTERS FOR AGENCY POOL) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF ELYSEE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE CAR ARRIVING IN ELYSEE COURTYARD POP STAR, AMBASSADOR OF GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP FOR EDUCATION AND FOUNDER OF CLARA LIONEL FOUNDATION, RIHANNA, GETTING OUT OF CAR / FRENCH FIRST LADY, BIRGITTE MACRON, WALKING DOWN ELYSEE STEPS TO GREET RIHANNA / BRIGITTE MACRON AND RIHANNA POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ON TOP OF STAIRS MACRON AND RIHANNA POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS AND ENTERING ELYSEE PALACE EXTERIOR OF ELYSEE PALACE RIHANNA LEAVING ELYSEE TO SPEAK TO JOURNALISTS (SOUNDBITE) (English) POPSTAR, AMBASSADOR OF GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP FOR EDUCATION AND FOUNDER OF CLARA LIONEL FOUNDATION, RIHANNA, SAYING: "Well, I just had the most incredible meeting with the president and first lady. They were incredibly welcoming to us, we focused on the topic of education from global aspects. And we are going to make a very big announcement this coming September during U.N. week. But we are going to do even more work this October in Africa. I was so inspired and impressed with his leadership and I can't wait for you guys to hear where this is going to go but I think this is the year for education. And thank you so much." RIHANNA AND BRIGITTE MACRON LAUGHING RIHANNA SAYING GOODBYE TO BRIGITTE MACRON AND LEAVING / RIHANNA GETTING IN CAR CAR LEAVING ELYSEE COURTYARD
- Embargoed: 9th August 2017 18:07
- Keywords: Rihanna Emmanuel Macron Brigitte Macron education developing countries
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RCV2VB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART AUDIO QUALITY AS INCOMING
French President Emmanuel Macron met with pop star Rihanna at the Elysee presidential palace in Paris on Wednesday (July 26) to discuss the singer's charity activities in healthcare and education.
The Barbadian singer of hit "Diamonds" founded the Clara Lionel Foundation in 2012, a nonprofit organisation that promotes scholarship projects across the globe.
She was welcomed at the Elysee by French First Lady Brigitte Macron.
On June 24, Rihanna asked Macron on Twitter if France would commit to fund education, a plea that was retweeted almost 30,000 times.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None