- Title: Liam Gallagher admits he'd "love to" get Oasis back together
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - JUNE 16, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BURNED OUT TOWER BLOCK, GRENFELL TOWER
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 01:04
- Keywords: Liam Gallagher Noel Gallagher Grenfell Tower Oasis music interview
- Location: UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS; LOS ANGELES/SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES; LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS; LOS ANGELES/SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES; LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0066RMQRM5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDIT CONTAINS PROFANITY
Hard man of rock, Liam Gallagher, who is currently promoting his solo album "As You Were", gave hope to Oasis fans by not ruling out a reunion in the future.
Oasis split up in 2009 in Paris after tempers flared at a gig between him and his brother Noel Gallagher at the Rock en Seine festival which led to Noel quitting the band.
Asked about whether he would be prepared to have a reunion, Liam Gallagher told Reuters during an interview in Santa Monica "I would love to, I would love to, mate, but it isn't that easy. There's nothing more than I would love for us to be speaking about Oasis music rather than a Liam solo album or a Noel solo album. I find it fucking ridiculous that we're both making solo records but that's the way of the world."
He added "I'd do Oasis music tomorrow but he wants to be the man in charge, he wants to be the main man who's doing it and that's one thing I'm not, I'm not a 'yes man', and I'm not a hired drummer or a hired guitarist, I'm fucking Liam Gallagher, you know what I mean? He won't talk to me like shit and just expect me to lap it up, do you know what I mean? I guess that's where the friction is. He thinks he's the man and I think I'm the man, do you know what I mean?"
Although Noel Gallagher has publicly blamed Liam for the split, Liam sees it differently. "I just feel he threw me under the bus with the whole Oasis thing. I feel he wanted to go solo and he set a couple of booby traps and I walked into them and I got left with 'Oh you split Oasis up, oh you're the reason why Oasis is no longer together' and that's why I've still got the fucking hump with it to be brutally honest. I do love him, without a doubt. He's my brother," he said.
However, he did state that a reunion could be possible, saying "One day, one day, man."
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None