- Title: Scaramucci says he uses "colorful language" after lashing colleagues
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (JULY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) NEW WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR ANTHONY SCARAMUCCI THANKING FORMER WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY SEAN SPICER FOR HIS SERVICE
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 02:24
- Keywords: White House Communications Director Anothony Scaramucci;
- Location: INTERNET / WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES / ALTOONA, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES / CLEVELAND, OHIO, UNITED STATES
- City: INTERNET / WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES / ALTOONA, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES / CLEVELAND, OHIO, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036RMROSN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Open warfare erupted inside President Donald Trump's inner circle as his new communications director, Anthony Scaramucci, attacked senior White House colleagues in obscene comments published on Thursday (July 27).
Scaramucci blasted White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon, in an article in The New Yorker based on a telephone conversation on Wednesday (July 26) night between one of the magazine's correspondents and Scaramucci.
Amid a stream of vulgar language, the former Wall Street financier named to the communications post last Friday (July 21) called Priebus a "fucking paranoid schizophrenic" and accused Bannon of trying to build his own brand "off the fucking strength of the president."
In a Twitter message after the article appeared online, Scaramucci said: "I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA"
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None